Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Power of Pets

Hello, readers

Over the past few years I've owned several pets, including Flora the guinea pig. Each small animal has left a unique impression upon me. Although so very small, they each possessed strong character and personality. My pets often define periods in my life, and when I look back on our time together I remember the best memories of these times.

Have you had similar experiences? Has a special animal left pawprints on your heart?

Yours truly


Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, your blog tugs on my heartstrings completely.

    I know that people get very attached to their pets. I have a cat, who I absolutely love. She is the sweetest little grey Tabby named Tigger. I've always felt kinda silly for being so attached to her. I mean, a lot of people think most animals are inferior to dogs, but I love my cat and I don't care! I remember once she didn't come home at night (which is rare) and my whole family spent the night waiting for her at the door and calling her home. We've had her for almost 12 years now and she's definitely left an impression on us.

    So thank you for helping me to feel better about loving my cat SOOO much. :o)

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had a pet..aside from a gold fish named 'Goldie', but she wasn't that much fun. I think when I live on my own and have a stable job I will get a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dogs, and recently I lived most of my life with my german sheppard/husky named Shadow. He was a great pet and friend. He has passed away now and I miss him everytime I go back home.
    I can see why some people treat pets the way they do, like humans, giving them clothes and all that kind of stuff. Pets become so important to many people. I can't wait to personally own a home and have three dogs.

    ReplyDelete