Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pig-sitting (not literally)

Dear readers

I'm currently away from Flora for a few days. Luckily, my wonderful boyfriend has agreed to care for Flora until my return.

I've had much luck securing guinea pig sitters in the past while (namely my boyfriend, house-mate and family). Though I'm aware it's not always easy to find responsible pet caregivers.

Perhaps a solution to this common problem would be a local pet-sitting website; a social medium to provide pet owners a pool of willing pet caregivers. Centralizing the process of temporary pet care would be more efficient for all.

Would you support a similar initiative?

Yours truly



Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I completely agree with this. I have 2 bunnies and a cat and when I go away I have an almost impossible time finding someone to look after them. When I had my last rabbit (she was a bit of a terror in her younger years) I almost missed out on a 2 week vacation with my family because my friends didn't want to have anything to do with her. That was hurtful especially because (even if I was the only one) I loved her very much.
    If there was a website with credible references I would definetely look into it for the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am my familys offical pet sitter. I spent the March break watching my cat and dog for my parents while they were in Vegas. I love my pets but they are a lot of work. When my parents go away they know I will always watch the pets. So if you ever need a sitter, I'm here for you. I might as well start my own business.

    ReplyDelete